The JWHA newsletter is published quarterly. Members receive monthly updates to access the latest articles before the next issue is available.
Perspectives – Rachel Killebrew, President
68 Days Until the Opening of the
2019 JWHA Annual Conference in Rochester
Make your reservations, grab your laptop, and start flying 6-8 hours due East!
68 Days until it all begins – Thursday, September 26th to Sunday, September 29th
- Located at the beautiful Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, Fairport, NY
- Renowned speakers and first-time scholarship winners!
- Fascinating new Restoration History research
- Tours to Palmyra and scenic western New York historical sites
- Trivia Night Games, 50/50 Raffle, and Great Fun!
- Vendor opportunities available & conference program advertising opportunities
- 68 hours of invigorating conversation and academic presentations
- JWHA Best Book and Article Awards
- Visit the Conference Draft Agenda in the next 68 seconds for info!
SESSION CHAIRS NEEDED!
JWHA 2019 Rochester Conference Program Committee is in need of Session Chairs!
Session Chairs keep the entire conference running smoothly. Here are their duties:
- Welcome conference attendees warmly to the session.
- Introduce yourself and the presenters.
- Keep the presentations on time.
- If relevant, provide some closing remarks to facilitate the Q&A.
- Moderate the Q&A period in a courteous manner.
- Repeat audience questions so that all are able to hear.
- Close the discussion on time, thanking all participants.
- At registration, you will receive all instructions.
- Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
JWHA 2019 Conference Historic Hymnfest is looking for musicians!
Play the piano? Perform solos? Sing in a small group?
Brian Hales will conduct us as we sing hymns of many Restoration groups.
Hear the history of these meaningful hymns.
Come join us Sunday, Sept. 29th, 8:00 – 9:00 a.m., for this grand tradition as we sing and bid farewell to JWHA Conference friends.
Please email email@example.com to share your musical talent!
Help support the JWHA Silent Auction!
Most conference attendees enjoy the silent auction JWHA hosts during its annual conference.
To make the event successful donated items are needed for the auction tables.
JWHA encourages each person attending the conference to bring at least one item for the auction. Books are popular, but new and unique items greatly help add interest and increase participation. And consider donating a service, such as a private tour or special research hours at your institution.
Completion of the linked form helps us prepare the auction in advance. As the conference draws near, you will receive an e-mail with additional information and instructions for delivery of your donation.
News You May Have Missed
Exciting news and announcements from the chair of the Nominating Committee, Sherry Morain.
The JWHA Spring Event was enjoyed by many.
The results of the JWHA 2019 Membership Survey have been compiled. Please read.
With sadness and sympathy, JWHA notes the passing of Fred Larsen.