Two awards for scholarly excellence are presented by JWHA in 2022 to commemorate its 50th anniversary.
For the 2022 conference, judges select two individuals who have made significant and long-lasting contributions to scholarship about Latter Day Saint history (privileging scholarship that is most relevant to Community of Christ history, regardless of the time periods they encompass) based on the following criteria:
- The individual has published at least three books or articles about Latter Day Saint history, with a preference for scholarship related to Community of Christ history or other related denominations in the movement, between 1972 and 2021.
- The individual’s publications on Latter Day Saint history demonstrate innovation and influence. Their books and/or articles transformed JWHA members’ knowledge about at least one aspect of Latter Day Saint history.
- The individual’s publications on Latter Day Saint history have illustrated clear research methodology with a knowledgeable approach to the subject material, clearly stated theses, and well-developed and well-supported argumentation with a balanced approach, particularly on points of controversy.
- The individual has demonstrated support for the scholarship of other people who also are engaged in Latter Day Saint history.
- The individual has participated actively in JWHA.
We welcome nominations for any individual meeting the criteria listed above, and a review committee of JWHA members evaluates the scholarship of nominees based on the answers provided in the form below.
Please use the nomination application below to submit nominees’ names and describe their contributions to scholarship about Latter Day Saint history. The nomination deadline date of April 6 (extended to April 30, 2022). Please send questions about the special award to firstname.lastname@example.org.