John Whitmer Books is seeking a part-time books manager, to begin immediately. The books manager provides overall executive direction to the operations of John Whitmer Books, subject to the direction of the Board of Directors of the John Whitmer Historical Association. Primary responsibilities include:
- With the assistance of the JWHA board liaison, chair and continue to develop the John Whitmer Books editorial board.
- Work with the John Whitmer Books editorial board to solicit manuscripts and coordinate their peer review.
- Submit manuscript proposals and financial projections to the JWHA board for advisement.
- Manage and assist (as needed) the production director, copy editor(s), typesetter, cover designer, and contracted authors.
- Execute author and book production contracts.
- Manage marketing and advertising of John Whitmer Books products.
- Maintain a catalogue of John Whitmer Books products.
- With the JWHA webmaster, maintain the John Whitmer Books page.
Compensation is negotiable, based upon qualifications.
Please electronically submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Friday, February 18, 2022.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.