Home >> JWHA Publications
To see the contents of past issues of the JWHA Journal, CLICK HERE.
In 2005, the John Whitmer Historical Association launched its new publishing
imprint, John Whitmer Books. In the coming years, John Whitmer Books will build
a catalog of important titles in the history of the Restoration Movement, with
particular emphasis on the Early Church, the RLDS/Community of Christ and the
Eastern branches of the movement. If you have a book manuscript or proposal, contact
Vickie Cleverly Speek, Editor, JWHA Books
Volume 26 of the JWHA Journal was released in
September, 2006. You can purchase issues of the Journal
JWHA Journal is published twice a year. There are opportunities for scholars, young and old, professional and armchair, to contribute their ideas, essays, and papers. Specific focus of interest for the Journal is Community of Christ history and culture, as well as the âdivergent pathsâ of the movement. The editorial board welcomes your contributions. Please send an electronic copy of your paper to:
Editor, John Whitmer Historical Association Journal
901 W Main St
Lamoni, IA 50140-1281
Persons interested in writing book reviews for the JWHA Journal are invited to contact:
William D. Russell
121 S. Ferguson
Lamoni, IA 50140
The book review editor will approach potential reviewers in many cases,
but others are welcome to indicate their interest in doing a particular review.
The guidelines for articles apply generally for book reviews.
Please submit reviews by e-mail. Single-spaced documents are preferred.
Submissions are accepted throughout the year.
- All submissions should be accompanied by author's contact information (name, mailing and e-mail addresses, and phone number).
- Papers must be submitted in digital (computer) format (an e-mail attachment usually works well). Files must be in Windows (not Macintosh) format, preferably in Microsoft Word. Notes should be displayed as footnotes, not endnotes.
- Style is based on The Chicago Manual of Style, fourteenth edition (University of Chicago Press, 1993). References using this style should be complete and clear.
- Photographs or other illustrations are appreciated. Be sure to include appropriate documentation for all photos including source and identification of whom and what are depicted.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the JWHA Editorial Board for quality and appropriateness to our readers. Feedback to authors may be offered after review by the Editorial Board.
- Submitting a manuscript for possible use in the John Whitmer Historical Association Journal assumes permission to publish the article. Copyrights for articles accepted for the Journal revert to the authors after publication, though JWHA claims the right to reproduce published works as part of the whole in printed or electronic formats. The Journal editorial staff reserves the right to apply minor copy editing to the manuscript but will provide an opportunity for the author's review prior to publication.
Restoration Studies, a journal of theology, religious and cultural studies, has been published since 1980 by the
Community of Christ Temple School. Beginning in 2009, JWHA and Community of Christ Seminary began joint publication of Restoration Studies.
We encourage the submission of papers on theology and religious and cultural studies in the Latter Day Saint movement for
publication in Restoration Studies. Please send three copies of your articles to:
Editor, Restoration Studies
310 E 70th St
Kansas City MO 64113-2523
Please see above for submission guidelines.
The JWHA Newsletter is published several times during the year as needed. Submissions and news items may
be forwarded to the newsletter:
1920 SW 2nd St
Lees Summit, MO 64081-1756